Time & Location
Aug 01, 2020, 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Volunteer Park, 1247 15th Ave E, Seattle, WA 98112, USA
5TH ANNUAL FESTIVAL OF LIGHT, SOUND, & NATURE
The LUSIO festival is a free, family friendly and one night only community festival set on top of Seattle across 40 lush acres of the lush Volunteer Park.
Light art installations of all shapes, sizes, and formats are curated directly into nature encouraging exploration, play, inspiration and art appreciation. Art is sourced from local and non-local artists giving them a unique platform to showcase their work in a gorgeous natural setting to thousands of people.
Sound stages are curated with a range of sounds from local artists & dj's that will have leave you relaxed and uplifted.
There is something for everyone at LUSIO! See if you can see it all in under 3 hours! This event is FREE AND FAMILY FRIENDLY.
Wander. Wonder. Play. Explore.
*Please help us leave the park as pristine as we found it by picking all trash, using the proper recycling bins and not smoking on park property. You know what to do Seattle :)
----GET INVOLVED----- _____________________
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS We NEED volunteers!!! Please sign up if you're interested in volunteering for Lusio either day of or in the planning stages.
CALL FOR ART Coming soon! Check back or email us at lusiolight.com with any inquires.
MAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE A D'LIGHT!
- Lusio is fully interactive, family friendly, community driven event so participation is key!
- Be prepared to wander and explore the corners of the park to find the art living under trees and in the gardens. Bring a flashlight as the park can get dark between exhibits.
- BE PART OF THE MAGIC Dress in your most glowing, LED, light up attire to get into the spirit and contribute to the whole atmosphere! Wrap your dog in L-wire and let your kids wear all the sticks they can handle. Bring your LED hulu hoops to show off those hoopin skills.
WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED
- NO FIRES, fire spinning, vending, sound/speakers, pop up performances or rude behaviors.
- NO RENEGADE ART PLEASE!! A years worth of curation and planning go into every detail of Lusio including the location of each piece and ensuring the safety of our guests. *Any unapproved art exhibits will be asked to be removed* Unsure what that means? If it's part of your outfit or something you can carry with you like a lantern then that's A-OK and encouraged!
PARKING Make it easy and plan to take a Lyft, Uber, bus, Light Rail or ride a bike to the park as parking is VERY LIMITED inside the park. PLEASE get dropped off OUTSIDE of the park and walk in.
PAST YEARS LUSIO http://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2018/08/chs-pics-heres-what-the-third-annual-lusio-in-volunteer-park-looked-and-sounded-like/
VIDEO FEATURE ABOUT LUSIO IN THE SEATTLE TIMES https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/visual-arts/seattle-artists-light-up-nights/